We said goodbye to the year, which was very good for us in terms of the company’s growth. On this occasion, we have prepared a summary of what we have achieved, and what makes us believe that 2020 will be even better.
The year 2019 in numbers
- Headcount growth from 18 to 43 which yields 139 % growth in headcount,
- Two awards,
- One new office,
- Two new non-technical teams,
- Three new technical teams,
- Three internal summits,
- Successful funding for our medical startup clebre.com,
- and lots of coffee 🙂
We took first place in Deloitte Fast 50 in Poland
We have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in central Europe. We obtained the first place among Polish companies and fourteenth among other countries.
For us, the award is not only a motivation for further development but also a confirmation that the current effort is noticed not only by our customers.
Clutch Leader Award in development (Emerging Technologies)
Thanks to proven ability to deliver high-quality work to our clients, Clutch has awarded us as one of the leaders on their platform. Positive feedback from our clients and transparent cooperation makes us believe in maintaining this award in the coming years.
We have joined the NVIDIA Inception Program
NVIDIA’s Inception program is a virtual accelerator program that helps startups during critical stages of product development, prototyping and deployment. Participation in the program means access to expert knowledge, support and advanced NVIDIA equipment.
The NVIDIA Inception program opens up broader possibilities for us to develop solutions in the field of artificial intelligence.
New teams onboard
2019 opened a new chapter at Semantive with the introduction of business-critical teams which lifted heavyweight previously carried (with the better or worse result) by the management team. New teams include:
- A three-member People Team with two new people whose main objective is to serve people working in the company and assist them to grow in their roles.
- A seven-member BizDev Team with five new people whose main objective is to venture into new business opportunities and grow partnerships. Team composition is a mix of Business Development Managers, an Online Marketing Specialist, a Graphic Designer and founding management team. With the help of marketing support, we can improve the quality of materials and our ongoing communication.
In addition to non-engineering teams, new technical teams were formed:
- the utterly new R&D team of 6 people working on to-be-products of Semantive in the space of AI/ML.
- a new cloud team of 10 people with a mix of Cloud Engineers and DevOps engineers.
Additional space in WeWork
Along with the increase in the number of people in the team, we decided to increase the office space. Due to the close location, flexibility and numerous amenities, we chose WeWork. Thanks to this, we can stay in the current office a little longer before having to change it.
Towards the end of 2019, we just began a transition towards a remote-friendly environment as a couple of full remote people joined our ranks. In 2020 we will continue to actively seek skilled engineers and other awesome people to join our team!
If you are interested in joining Semantive – apply!
2020 is going to be powered by OKRs
We did one more thing that we believe will be super important going forward. We marked the direction where we want to go and what we want to change using Objectives & Key Results. It’s much less about OKRs as a tool, but much more about the clarity of goals and accountability how we reach them. That’s a good start, but the hard part comes next where we need to make our best effort to deliver on those key results.
2019 was a crazy ride, with quite many hiccups too, but in the end, it turned out great, and as a result, our company is in a much different place (and we would like to think that it is in a much better place too) than it was starting January.
Huge THANK YOU to people who have been with us through that time. That goes to our employees, customers, partners and friends.